Speeches & Seminars
Let Me Stop You Right There
Enhancing Your Ability to Cope with Stress in the Workplace
- Do you feel increasingly agitated with your Do More with Less budget?
- Are you disenchanted with your management position due to your inability to quell conflict?
- Do productivity expectations seem difficult to achieve?
- Do you know what training to provide when productivity drops?
- Is the result of workplace stress worth the increasing insurance premiums?
- Are you challenged by difficult personalities and complicated systems you’re paid to manage?
If you find yourself saying “yes” to any of the questions above, Dr. Pamela Straker’s presentation will put you back in control. You’ll relate to situations, and solutions that reduce, diffuse and provide solutions to workplace challenges.
Using examples from her book, Let Me Stop You Right There, Dr. Straker uses a humorous approach to teach even the least experienced manager how to successfully lead a staff.
In Dr. Straker’s presentation, you will learn:
- How to assess the 4 personality types in order to work effectively with others
- Workplace approaches that “set the tone” for increased collegiality and
- How to save time by getting people to work in unison for a common cause
- How to manage difficult people and diffuse workplace conflict
- Simple steps that will facilitate increased productivity
(available in 1-3 hour formats)
How to Shift from Destructive to Constructive Criticism
- Are you exposing those you manage to new insights or crippling demoralizing responses?
- Is labor-management polarization widening to your disadvantage?
- Do you sometimes feel like you’re back in high school trying to win a popularity contest?
- Do you fear that you’re becoming overbearing and hyper critical?
- Are employees reacting favorably to your guidance?
- Are you getting sub-standards results?
- Are you beginning to wonder if you like being in charge?
- Are you increasingly anxious about supervising others?
Meltdowns can easily occur in office settings. Mounting personal and work-related stresses, financial concerns, multi-tasking, company budget reductions, and additional job tasks are just some of the circumstances you are required to manage. It’s easy to see how gossip, personal attacks and other unproductive activities can get out of control.
When and performance and production begin to suffer, how does an effective and efficient manager respond? What do you do to build a spirit of collaboration, respect and mutual benefit?
Making things work better anywhere in the organization is in everyone’s best self interest. The real threat to increased production should not be from within an organization but rather, from our competitors.” Dr. Pam Straker
With more than 25 years experience as a mental health and management professional, Dr. Straker serves individuals and organizations who want to establish productive environments for peak performance.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- How to communicate with clarity when emotions are high
- 5 secrets every manager should know
- How to sustain an open-door policy
- Proven solutions to the most difficult workplace situations
- How to minimize resistance to change
- How to establish a reward structure that will lead to increased employee satisfaction and success
(available in 1-3 hour formats)